Crib mattress protector or cover is nothing new but it has been used for a long time. Crib mattress covers acts as a shield for your crib and toddler bed mattress. By covering the mattress, it’s become easier to clean sudden blowouts during night and obviates fluid from running the entire bed. Moreover, it adds extra layer of comfort by making sure a clean and healthy surface for your child.
Is a crib mattress protector necessary?
A crib mattress protector is a thin layer place between the mattress and the sheet to protect the mattress without altering the feel of the bed. Using a mattress protector is a good idea and can be beneficial for parents, like:
- Infants are messy and eventually beautify their mattress with spit-up, accidental blowouts. In that case, protectors keep the crib mattress clean that provide a salutary sleeping surface for your baby
- It makes the bed easier to clean
- Helps to prevent bacteria and dust mite allergies
- It both makes the bed comfortable and extends the lifespan of the mattress.
How to wash a waterproof mattress protector?
Waterproof mattress protectors are quite helpful and great for use. Although it goes through potty leakage, absorbing sweat, dust mites, stains, and all the rest, but protects the mattress. So that, cleaning the protector properly is a must thing. For washing the waterproof mattress protector,
- First, place the protector in the washing machine with eco-friendly laundry detergent and set the washer on low with lukewarm water
- Remove quickly from the washer when the cycle is complete
- Then, let it dry in the sun and insides where they are warm. try to avoid dry cleans the mattress protector in the washer
- Once it is well and truly dry, you can easily put it back on your mattress
7 best waterproof crib mattress cover reviews pros & cons
1. American Baby Company Waterproof Fitted Protective Mattress Pad Cover
This highly-rated mattress cover is specially crafted in a solid pattern with 100% soft polyester with a waterproof middle layer that eliminates loud noisy sounds.
And a standard size is given to the cover by featuring deep pockets in it. Apart from that, the easy clean-up process makes it more captivating.
- Materials: made up of quality polyester that makes it more breathable and waterproof middle protects the whole cover.
- Fitting: featured with a certain size and deep pockets that make it secure.
- Quietness: it gives a sound sleeping environment by eliminating loud and annoying crinkling noise.
- Cleaning process: it offers easy clean-up any time after occasional nighttime blowouts and leakage by washing in a machine. Besides, it’s completely dryable in the machine.
- Safe and soft materials add comfort
- The noise-free and sound cover creates a soothing sleeping environment
- Waterproof enough to protect both the baby and mattress
- Comes in an affordable range and is worth your every penny
- You can effortlessly both clean and dry it in the machine at the same time
- Excessive harsh washing is likely to cause cracks
2. Waterproof Fitted Crib Mattress Pad
This mattress pad is specially designed for both standard fits for the crib and a universal fit with deep pockets at the same time.
It is made up of soft fabric by following the quilted process that increases airflow and makes it more breathable. It is highly durable with absolute water resistance and easy to clean.
- Fitting: It has a flexible fitting so that it can easily fit in standard cribs and is featured with pockets to offer universal fits too.
- Material: Crafted with soft polyester to makes the covers more comfortable.
- Quilted: The quilting process increases airflow and regulates temperature to make the cover more breathable.
- Waterproof: Waterproof function ensures a healthier sleep protects baby’s skin from moisture and absorbs sweat, spills, and any liquids.
- Offers a finish fitting without any noise
- Adds a beautiful look to the mattress
- Safe material and quilting process makes it more comfortable and breathable
- Waterproof that keeps baby safe from moisture and absorbs any kinds of liquids that protect the mattress
- Easy to clean
- It-Long-lasting and comes with a return policy
- Harsh cleaning might tear it apart
3. SureGuard Crib Size Mattress Protector
If you’re looking for both ultimate luxury and protection for your baby, this organic protector by Sureguard is highly considerable that comes with 100% waterproof quality and hypoallergenic.
It is made up of absolute premium cotton materials that also help to offers a noise-free environment. Besides, its easy cleaning process makes the cover more efficient.
- Material: organic cotton material makes the cover safe for the baby’s use and non-toxic quality reduces the chances of chemical emission which is a sign of relief too.
- Noiseless: Quality material also helps to create a noise-free sleeping surrounding for your baby to sleep.
- Waterproof & hypoallergenic: high water-resistant quality protects the mattress and extends its lifespan. Also, it prevents allergens and is delicate to the baby’s skin.
- Cleaning process: effortlessly washable and dryable at the machine
- Safe organic materials ensure baby’s safety
- Hypoallergenic quality helps to eliminate dust mites, mold, spores, and allergens
- Highly waterproof and protective against fluids and stains by absorbing moisture
- Eliminates annoying loud noise and allow for a peaceful sleep
- Great durability makes the cover long-lasting
- Easily cleanable and dryable at the machine
- Fixed size and won’t go with all crib
4. Zippered Waterproof Crib Mattress Protector
Available in standard crib size, this mattress cover is made up of microfiber that quickly soaks liquids and waterproof backing protects the underneath mattress. Soft padding will add extra comfort for your little one to sleep peacefully. Also, it is featured with a quality zipper encasement for easy use every time.
- Waterproof: water-resistant quality absorbs moisture and all types of fluids that protect both the mattress and skin of your baby. It offers a clean surface and eliminates the risk of allergens too.
- Breathability: quality microfiber allows for great air circulations that increase the breathability of the cover and reduce suffocation.
- Closure: it avoids typical closure and featured the best zipper to give you the ease of use.
- Comfort: along with the protection it adds extra comfort
- Comfortable and safe for babies use
- Waterproof quality absorbs moisture and soaks fluids quickly and offers a clean, stain-free, and delicate surface for infants
- Great encasement function offers effortless use every time
- If you find anything wrong with the cover, there is also a replacement or refund system
- Excessive harsh cleaning procedures can create damage to the cover
5. Dreamtex My Little Nest 2-Pack Waterproof Tencel Lyocell Pebbletex Crib Mattress Pad Covers
Here is yet another mattress cover from Dreamtex that can protect the baby against dust points, spores, bacteria, and allergens.
It is completely made up of quality environmentally Tencel fibers that allow for air circulation all around and make the cover more breathable. Besides waterproof function absorbs fluids and creates a delicate surface for infants to sleep.
- Material: crafted with Tencel which is a strong and highly durable material. It is hypoallergenic and gentle or delicate on the baby’s skin.
- This kind of fibers contributes to breathability by ensuring maximum air circulation and sustainability at the hard condition that makes them long-lasting.
- Waterproof: due to its quality materials it contributes to moisture absorption and is water-resistant. so that, it will effortlessly absorb sweat, fluids, and accidental blowouts any time.
- Quality material gives you a soft and delicate surface
- It is gentle on the skin and will great pick for babies as they have sensitive skin
- Long-lasting quality will give you years of bliss
- Circulate maximum airflow that increases breathability of the cover
- It is fully water-resistant which protects the mattress from spoilage too
- It is not so budget-friendly
6. TL Care Waterproof Quilted Crib Size Fitted Mattress Cover
For those who are more attracted to an organic option, there’s this cover from TL care will be a great pick.
The top layer is made with cotton which has a back layer of waterproof polyester and is beautiful designed to gives a secure and snug fit. It offers a noiseless surrounding and is easily washable at a machine.
Material: this organic cover is designed with a cotton and polyester-made back layer, making it more breathable. Also because of its materials, it eliminates noisy crinkling sounds and creates a sound environment.
Protection: waterproof covers protect the mattress and add extra comfort with its quilted cushion for the baby to move around.
Cleaning: it is washable and dryable at the machine that gives hassle-free wash.
- High-quality materials give comfort and create a safe place for infants
- All-around elastic helps to give a secure fitting
- Noise-free and sound enough for sleeping
- As it is Water-resistance, it absorbs all kinds of fluids and moisture that add extra comfort
- Both washable and dryable at the machine
- Some may find it a little bit pricy
7. Guardsman Portable Crib Mattress Protector
The final one from our list undoubtedly comes with quality features and will give you blissful use.
It is crafted with polyester and features a zipper closure system that encases the mattress all around. High absorption power creates ultimate protection. Avoid crinkling sounds and gives ease of cleaning at the machine.
- Waterproof: it protects by sealing out moisture, sweat, and all types of liquids and keeps your baby mattress clean that creates a safe place to sleep and move around.
- Closure: this cover comes with a great closure system that keeps moisture out completely to ensure the ultimate protection.
- Easy wash & Quietness: fully washable and dryable at the machine. Besides, by preventing annoying and loud crinkling sounds, it offers an ultra-soothing sleeping environment for infants.
- Materials are good and gentle for the baby’s skin
- Water-resistant and lock the moisture to allow for a clean and stain-free surface
- Soft and comfortable enough for infants
- It offers a noise-free and peaceful environment to sleep in
- Top-quality closure enchase the whole mattress
- Effortless cleaning process adds more beauty to it
- Won’t fit in big cribs
What to looks at before buying a waterproof crib mattress cover
Mattress protectors or covers are by no means luxury, yet if you never purchased them before you might be astonished to hear that there are quite a few things that you should consider while purchasing. Some of the main things to look out for in your search include…
Look closely at what the mattress protector is made of, as it is about your baby. Most organic crib mattress covers are usually made from cotton, latex, wool, or moisture and cotton is the best of them. Simple cotton covers are both lightweight and washable in the machine at the same time. They eliminate dust mites and are mold-resistant. Besides they are durable enough and best for temperature control.
Crib mattress covers should have a soft and comfy surface. Although it has to be firm, the surface has to be delicate and smooth to the touch for infants. It prevents your baby from getting rashes, infections, or eczema while moving around. And for peaceful and sound sleep the comfort is also significant.
Budget is something that varies for every parent which is the most considerable thing too. Fortunately, mattress covers have all different sorts of price points from affordable to upwards. It’s totally up to you what range suits you. But make sure that you are not compromising with the quality, as you’ll be using it daily for a significant amount of time.
It is important to size your mattress cover carefully for your mattress. The right one can easily fit into the mattress and keep it secure, preventing annoying slippage during sleep. It will be better if there have deep enough pockets to fully cover the mattress.
When it comes to design, some people ignore the facts about it. But you have to be mindful of the design of the cover because some will end up making loud crinkle noises when the baby moves which is quite annoying. try to go for a simple design that is noiseless, so your baby can move without making noise.
washing the mattress becomes a struggle sometimes for parents because some covers can be tossed into the washer and dryer without a thought while others demand soft cycles with minimal water temperature, low dryer heat, and many more. It’s better to check which one is easy for you.
Are all mattress protectors waterproof?
No. Mattress protectors are a fitted sheet on your mattress that protects it against accidental spills, leakage, bacteria, and some allergens. And if you need a mattress cover which water-resistant, look particularly for the waterproof covers. Otherwise more options are there available apart from waterproof covers.
What is the best crib mattress cover?
The best crib mattress is the one that is safe for the baby’s use. Though the main purpose of a cover is to protect the mattress, you can’t compromise with its safety. Maintaining protection for both mattress and baby make itself best for use.
Can I wash the waterproof mattress cover?
Since most waterproof mattress protectors are machine washable but always try to check the whole washing instructions before you wash them into the machine. Sometimes they require a certain water temperature or a delicate cycle too.
Are our crib mattress covers safe?
Yes, definitely crib mattress covers are safe. But you need to use them properly especially with infants. Also, it should meet all the safety guidelines and current standards.
Do crib mattresses need a cover?
A crib mattress cover functions as a protector for your pretty mattress. It protects against accidental nighttime leakage or spills of your baby and allows for a clean mattress surface. Also it both eliminates sweat, bacteria, dust-mite and is easier to use at the same time.
Which is good between organic cover or non-organic cover?
Both of them are preferable for use. It depends on you that what’s necessary to you in a product for your child. Many parents like organic ones, as they don’t contain any harmful chemicals. However, some peoples are fine without organic products.
How often should I wash a mattress cover?
At least once every one or two months, you should cleanse it properly. But if you think it becomes too dirty and babies have sensitive skin, you can wash it anytime as per your need.
With the collections, we make sure all of our vendees having a wide range of items designed with both safety and style in mind without compromising with the quality. we select quite precisely so that you can have both the ideal all-in-one cover or just a simple one.
so what kinds of protectors you want is fully depends on your preferences and choices. If you want our consideration or recommendation, then we will suggest you go for TL Care Waterproof Quilted Crib Size Fitted Mattress Cover & Dreamtex My Little Nest 2-Pack Waterproof cover.
But honestly, the collection is quite captivating and offers ultimate protection to the mattress.
Donna Hudson completed her graduation from The University of Texas at Austin in 2012. After completing her graduation she join a baby shop. Dona married Hudson in 2016 now she is an young mother with two beautiful Child. Dona spend most of her time to read book, cooking and writing blog.
One thought on “Best Waterproof Crib Mattress Cover”
Comments are closed.