Do you wonder which mattress is best suited for the needs of your family?
Have you seen advertisements for different kinds of mattresses and felt that you need to know more. Well here is a complete guide for you regarding mattresses specifically firm crib ones.
This sounds like a solid practice in determining how suitable your baby’s best firm crib mattress is. It’s not an accurate metric unless you prefer a comfortable mattress. As babies grow, their bones and spines require higher support than adults, so an appropriate mattress ensures your child’s security while they sleep.
Based on the American Academy of Pediatrics, the crib mattress must be sufficiently firm that it doesn’t fit what shape is your child’s head. In particular, the mattress must be between eight and ten on the mattress’s range of firmness.
What is inside the Mattresses?
Most mattresses have springs. Springs are the steel coils in your mattress that support your body while you sleep. Soft, absorbing material that assists with regulating temperature and relief from pressure points. The most common foam is memory foam, Gel memory foam viscoelastic foam (also called “rebounded foam”).
What Do These Certificates Refer To?
When you’re looking for a brand new mattress, there are certain things you’ll want in your mattress and things that you don’t want. Suppose you’re worried about chemicals and other retardants on the mattress you are sleeping on. In that case, it is important to search for certain certifications for mattresses and assurances that prove that the mattress you purchased is tested thoroughly for any contaminants that may occasionally be utilized as filler in a new mattress to reduce costs.
Difference Between Innerspring vs. Foam Crib Mattresses?
Foam mattress cribs weigh less than innerspring ones, allowing easier changing sheets. The other crucial difference is that foam mattresses are less springy, and therefore there is less of a chance for them to be utilized as a trampoline once your baby gets older.
Do babies do better sleeping on firm mattresses?
When sleeping, the infant requires a flat, solid, and even surface that will aid in developing. This is especially important as the child is more involved in their crib. They require a firm mattress to support them when they start to lift themselves, rotate, and finally stand up on the crib floor.
Testing the firmness of crib mattress
It should be able to snap back easily and not be shaped to fit how your palms shape.” When you’re testing the firmness of your crib mattress, take the liberty of putting some pressure on the mattress to ensure that it doesn’t feel the pressure of your hands.
What kind of mattress would be ideal to use for your crib?
To avoid Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and suffocation from occurring, it is essential to select a mattress for your crib that is specifically designed specifically for babies. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) suggests avoiding memory foam crib mattresses and mattress toppers.
A standard crib may have a 5/8-inch gap wider or smaller than the regulation 28×52 3/8 rectangular.
7 Best Firm Crib Mattress Review
|Graco Premium Foam Crib & Toddler Mattress – 2021 Edition||
|Dream On Me, Orthopedic Firm Foam Standard Crib Mattress (5E5WL)||
|Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Baby Crib & Toddler Bed Mattress||
|Serta Perfect Slumber Dual Sided Crib and Toddler Mattress||
|Sealy Baby Firm Rest Waterproof Standard Toddler & Baby Crib Mattress||
|Milliard Memory Foam Crib Mattress, 2022 Edition||
|Newton Baby Essential Crib Mattress and Toddler Bed||
1. Graco High-Quality Foam Crib & Toddler Mattress
Its Graco Crib and Toddler Mattress-in a-Box have a soft, removable waterproof outer cover easily machine washed.
The mattress features a sturdy cushion of breathable foam, which is the ideal level of firmness to ensure infants’ safe sleeping.
- It is the perfect accessory that will complete the look of your bedroom.
- It is designed to fit in any crib or toddler bed that is the full size.
- This mattress has been awarded a distinction and is the proud owner of the Parent Tested Parents Approved (PTPA) Certificate of Approval 2021 and 2022.
- It develops with your child
- Can fit into cribs of a standard size, including full-size
- Affordable price
- The crib mattress cover is included
- Cover washable and removable
- Sometimes, it doesn’t expand fully.
2. Orthopedic Soft Foam Crib Mattress
Ensure your child has a pleasant, peaceful night’s sleep by using a top-quality mattress such as the Dream On Me Orthopedic Firm Foam Standard Crib Mattress.
- It offers additional support thanks to 5″ of dense foam.
- The vented cover provides a clean and fresh sleeping environment
- It helps protect from mildew, stains, and odor in the event of bed bugs.
- This is an ideal and safe choice for your child or toddler.
- Orthopedic mattresses support joints, the spine, and the entire body.
- Used to describe mattresses that help with spinal alignment and alleviate back or joint problems
- The orthopedic mattresses usually come in a range of sizes and shapes
- They are constructed from memories foam, latex, and innerspring
- Back Pain
- Excessive strain on pressure points
- Muscles Tension
- Sleeping poorly is not a good quality
3. Safety First Heavenly Dreams Crib
Let your child imagine big and have a great time with Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress.
Special features ;
- The thermo-bonded thermo-density core is high-density.
- Provides solid support for a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Additionally, it makes wake-ups easy and fast due to the water-resistant 100%.
- It meets the requirements to ensure that your child’s sleep is constantly safe and sound.
- lightweight crib mattress
- A safe option
- With no odor
- The perfect firmness for babies
- Return the mattress due to it not fitting in their cribs
- As opposed to other foam crib mattresses, this one is not dual-purpose.
- The mattress is only suited for children with 30 pounds or less, which is less than half of similar mattresses.
4. Serta’s perfect” Slumber Crib
Serta’s Perfect Slumber Soft crib and toddler Mattress will adapt to your child’s needs from birth to toddlerhood.
- It has a sturdy high-density thermo-bonded polyester core to provide a comfortable mattress.
- The infant side provides the most comfortable firmness for babies and toddlers.
- The toddler side is padded with an additional layer of memory foam that provides greater comfort.
- The waterproof vinyl cover will allow for easy cleaning.
- Made from recycled bottles that provide the ideal firmness for toddlers and infants
- A waterproof cover protects the mattress. mattresses from water damage
- Made of hypoallergenic material that won’t irritate the baby’s skin
- It could not be dual-sided
5. Sealy Ortho Rest Crib
The Sealy Orthorest 2-Stage Crib Mattress for Toddlers and Crib Mattress is among the most sought-after crib mattresses due to the top quality and safety tests it can pass.
- Hypoallergenic, air-quality cushioning is certified
- and provides long-lasting ease of use without having a coil feel.
- The waterproof covers and the binding shield the mattress, making cleaning effortless.
- Sealy is the most popular mattress brand for cribs in America.
- With its durability and reliability, it’s no wonder that more children sleep on Sealy than any other crib mattress.
- The built-in heat-tempered coil system offers excellent firmness and posture assistance
- Covers staph guard that removes germs on mattress surfaces
- The product is fitted with anti-sag technology that evenly distributes the baby’s weight evenly
- The sound may be crinkly during the movement
Sleeping your child is crucial to their development and mental health. Therefore, wouldn’t you like their sleep to be the most comfortable? This is the reason that’s why Milliard Dual Comfort
Special features :
- Mattress is not just made for babies but also made to accommodate your toddler
- In the end, children grow quickly.
- Milliard’s memory foam crib mattress offers the top and cost-effective option.
- Excellent assistance
- Complies with all industry standards.
- comfortable crib mattress
- It can be used with all standard-size cribs.
- Little too soft for infants less than six months old
7. Newton crib mattress and toddler mattress
It is the Newton Crib Mattress is a firm mattress that is designed for toddlers and infants.
- It is rated as 7/10 on the scale of firmness.
- The Original is a little more expensive because it is 5.5 inches thick and features two layers of cover designed to provide additional comfort.
- This Waterproof can be described as 5.5 inches thick like the original model.
- However, it has an elongated, waterproof TPU cover to guard against injuries.
- The Waterproof is the most expensive among the three crib mattress options.
- The product is completely recyclable since there isn’t any glue, latex, or springs in creating this mattress.
- You will have peace of mind knowing your baby will be secure on a breathable mattress.
- The breathable fabric helps babies regulate their temperature not to become too cold or hot.
- At 300 dollars for the mattress $300, the Newton Baby Mattress might be expensive for parents with a budget.
- Because each baby is unique, it’s not an assurance that your baby will be able to sleep with the same ease as other babies.
- You’ll require a separate sheet regardless of the mattress cover being constructed from a soft fabric that can be rough on an infant’s skin.
|Name||Graco High-Quality Foam Crib & Toddler Mattress||Orthopedic Soft Foam Crib Mattress||Safety First Heavenly Dreams Crib|
|Introduction||A mattress is required for every crib, or toddler bed, and the Graco Crib and Teen Mattress-in-a-Box, is the perfect item to complete your crib.||With a good cushion such as the Dream On Us Orthopedic Firm Foam Regular Crib Mattress, you can give your child a comfortable, restful night’s sleep.||Safety 1st was voted America’s Most Recommended TM product for Crib and or Toddler Mattresses by women.|
|Hight||up to 5 inches||5.00||5.00|
Other Things to Think About While Buying a Crib Mattress
Sizing and Weight
The legal dimensions for crib mattresses determined by the CSPC must be at least 27.25 inches in x 51.25 inches and with the thickness not exceeding 6 inches. Foam mattresses weigh between 7 to 8 pounds, but they can weigh 20 pounds since polyurethane foam may be heavier.
Think about using a waterproof, breathable, and green (waterproof) mattress cover made of cotton for your mattress to safeguard the mattress from inevitable injuries and spills.
Safety and fitness
Many mattresses come with security features, and determining if they’re essential can be a challenge. The standard size for a suitable crib mattress should be at least 27.25 inches and 51.25 inches, and an overall thickness of not more than 6 inches.
Greenguard Gold certification
The crib mattress must be certified with Greenguard Gold certification. It is really crucial to check for this certification before buying a mattress.
Some mattress covers have the texture of being “crunchier” or more susceptible to making noise when children play about on the cover. However, soft covers are recommended for the sake of your babies.
Quality and Warranties
If you decide to go with the cheapest crib mattress, it doesn’t mean you should sacrifice the high quality. You should choose a mattress that has good quality and a warranty of a significant time limit. Certain mattresses come with warranties of one year, seven years, one year, or even a lifetime.
1. What is the most effective method for selecting the best crib mattress?
Checking out the size of the crib is the basic requirement of the selection of firm crib mattresses. It is crucial to ensure that the mattress will fit in the crib you’ve picked without any gaps that could cause danger to your infant.
2. What’s the best sleeping place for your child?
It is always recommended to put your child on their backs to sleep, not on their sides or front. According to health professionals, such posture can protect them from various problems.
3. How should be a mattress for my crib?
The mattress for your crib must be sufficiently firm that it does not affect the growth and normal development of your child’s head. The mattress should be between 8 and 10 on the mattress’s firmness range.
4. Can my baby comfortably sleep on a memory foam mattress?
The infant requires a flat, solid, and even surface to aid their development in sleep. Memory foam sleeping surfaces are not recommended until the children are at least two years old. Be aware that mattress covers of every kind are not safe before this age.
5. Do children under three years age prefer to rest on firm crib mattresses?
Yes, children prefer sleeping on a firm crib mattress hence the firmness of the mattress is a crucial aspect to consider for babies and toddlers. A firm mattress is suggested for children under 18 months old to ensure safety and development. When your child is a couple of years old, it is an individual choice as it does for adults.
Mattresses are one of the most crucial purchases and whichever kind of best firm crib mattress you choose, it is now time to embark on a fantastic purchase, knowing that you’ve covered all crucial aspects of the topic. Your baby will surely benefit from the care and consideration of this vital decision. It will ensure they are completely safe during the night and support their tiny bodies as they develop. Also, to you: Happy shopping. To your child, sweet dreams!
Donna Hudson completed her graduation from The University of Texas at Austin in 2012. After completing her graduation she join a baby shop. Dona married Hudson in 2016 now she is an young mother with two beautiful Child. Dona spend most of her time to read book, cooking and writing blog.