A crib is known as a small cozy bed or high-sided bed, especially for babies and very young children. It is a bed with barred or latticed sides for your tiny tot. A baby crib is a crucial venture and commitment– it’s a space where your child will expectantly spend years of peaceful bliss inside
It is one of the safest places for the baby to sleep and significant to the modern nursery. It is frequently used in Western countries as it is safe for babies. From sleeping at night to sleeping during the day times baby spends most of the time in a crib, so the cribs need to be comfortable and secured enough for the baby so that the baby can sleep soundly
Though you’ve likely been collecting nursery influence for a while now, you manifestly appreciate that safety is the number one concern when it comes to baby cribs. First and foremost, it needs to be nurturing and made with safe materials. Besides, a considerable crib will be multifaceted and solidly constructed, as well as a centerpiece in your child’s room
Kids usually move a lot, they are always curious to see what is happening around them. In addition, children move in their sleep or during play. So, the crib should have maximum space in it. Therefore make sure the crib bumper is fitted so that they do not get pain while they moving
There are available different types and designs of cribs in the market, which parents buy for their children according to their choice and ability. At the same time, the crib bumper should be, installed thinking about the safety of the child.
How to make crib bumpers safe to use
The crib bumper is a kind of soft comfortable yarn pad that wraps around the edge of a crib. Crib bumpers are designed to enclose the interior sides of a baby’s crib to prevent children from getting hit in the head or falling off
Crib bumpers are used for a variety of reasons, depending entirely on the parents. Many parents opt to use them as they like the way bumpers appear- mostly if it goes with the crib bedding set and assembles for a satisfying coordinated nursery. But others opt for bumper pads because they are distressed about their baby hitting their head on the side of the crib or get injured by mistake
A crib bumper may be necessary to help prevent head injuries, any arms and legs poking, or getting stuck. When usually children start standing, the crib bumper should no longer be used so parents need to think about alternatives
There are different types of crib bumpers you may find in the market so that you can choose according to your need. When you buy a crib bumper it is important to keep in mind the softness, breathing ability, and texture of the cotton pads.
- Make sure the crib bumper is properly installed. Tighten the bumper on the side of the crib. Refrain from using the product if it is loose and shakes the sleeping surface.
- The bumper you choose has a breathable finish, light air comes in, lightweight and it can all be kept clean.
- Use bumpers that have been tested for softness fineness and thinness.
- Make sure there are no decorative cutouts because they can cause injury to the baby
- If attached to padded crib liners, they protected the head bangs and sagging limbs.
- Use the bumpers when kids can roll, don’t use them anymore when kids learn to stand. So there is no risk of using crib bumpers.
How to stop your child from bumping her head while sleeping
Assuring a good sleep at night for the baby is a quite challenging task. First, it’s the effort of them eventually sleeping through the night. Then when they achieve that, instantly something turns and you’re back to square one. It is seen that most of the time children combat when they fall asleep, and then fall asleep
Babies are seen waking the mother at night because he/she hits his/her head against the bed and cries and wakes the mother from sleep. About 15% of children intentionally do head bumping. It is a familiar behavior of children to frown for self-comfort. While this may sound frightening, it’s not usually something to worry about
This behavior usually begins in babies six months or older and can be a habit for several months or years. Most of the children overcome it by the age of 3 or 4. However if you think, that the headbanging is bothering your baby’s sleep, here we proffer some advice as to how to lessen this habit, such as the following.
- Putting a bumper around the top of the bed where the baby sleep and tied it securely with a toddler pillow inside. so that it doesn’t slip out later when the kid moves in his /her sleep, but at least he or she is not hitting his /her on the head.
- Keeping a pillow under the baby’s head. Put a pillow on the baby mattress, it rises to the top of the mattress and stops the baby’s head from falling or hitting.
- offer a different bedtime ease object, such as a blanket or stuffed animal.
- Mother can try co-sleeping. In this way, the baby is less likely to get hit on her head.
- If you regularly tighten the screws and bolts of the crib, you can loosen the speed by tightening.
- Help your child to find out another way to get comfortable and relax. Give him or her a warm bath before bed, provide him or her massage or spend extra time shaking him or her before keeping him to sleep in a crib. This will help him to sleep better, will not move so much, and is less likely to get a head injury
- Stick to justly utter routines for bedtime and naps.
Related Article: Are Metal Crib Safe? Pors & cons